"Mr. Bush spent six years planning what they were going to spend on war efforts, we brought it before the senate and spent more time refining the plan before we had everyone agree. Mr. Obama has spent two weeks on this plan."
"He is spending money we don't have for things that we don't need, all for political purposes."
"Two thirds of jobs in America come from small business, and the democrats plan will NOT help any of those businesses."
"We won't help them any by making them less effective managing their own budget."
So just where IS some of this money going? Well, they're going to give away $50 million to the ARTS! Don't get me wrong, I love the art, I even paint/draw myself but come on! In an economic crisis that should NOT be getting federal funding. Here are some more silly examples of where this money is going (thank you, AFA!):
- $20 million "for the removal of small- to medium-sized fish passage barriers." (Pg. 45 of Senate Appropriations Committee report: "20,000,000 for the removal of small- to medium-sized fish passage barriers)
- $400 million for STD prevention (Pg. 60 of Senate Appropriations Committee report: "CDC estimates that a proximately 19 million new STD infections occur annually in the United States ...The Committee has included $400,000,000 for testing and prevention of these conditions.") (how about STOP SLEEPING AROUND, TRAMPS!)
- $25 million to rehabilitate off-roading (ATV) trails (Pg. 45 of Senate Appropriations Committee report: "$25,000,000 is for recreation maintenance, especially for rehabilitation of off-road vehicle routes, and $20,000,000 is for trail maintenance and restoration")
- $34 million to remodel the Department of Commerce HQ (Pg. 15 of Senate Appropriations Committee report: $34,000,000 for the Department of Commerce renovation and modernization")
- $70 million to "Support Supercomputing Activities" for climate research (Pgs. 14-15 of Senate Appropriations Committee Report: $70,000,000 is directed to specifically support supercomputing activities, especially as they relate to climate research)
- $150 million for honey bee insurance (Pg. 102 of Senate Appropriations Committee report: "The Secretary shall use up to $ 50,000,000 per year, and $150,000,000 in the case of 2009, from the Trust Fund to provide emergency relief to eligible producers of livestock, honey bees, and farm-raised fish to aid in the reduction of losses due to disease, adverse weather, or other conditions, such as blizzards and wildfires, as determined by the Secretary")
Wow. And this plan will not be paid for with our tax dollars or our kids tax dollars. Our GRAND children will be paying for this mistake, and it will cost them about $3,333 each!
"H.R. 1 is the largest pork barrel spending bill in the history of our country. President Obama has said this bill will create four million new jobs. President Obama is under the impression that we can spend our way out of debt!
That's like thinking an alcoholic can drink his way to sobriety!"
TAKE ACTION NOW!!! CLICK HERE!