Just Keeping Track For Myself

"When white would embrace what is right..." is what was prayed for at the inauguration of our new president, Mr. Obamanation. Well, they're getting what they prayed for.
This white girl is embracing what is right.
Right wing, baby!!!

Friday, April 24, 2009

Swine Flu

Mexico has had a recent outbreak of the swine flu. They are guessing somewhere around 60 people are dead in Mexico, and possibly 8 sick in the USA. Besides it being some mutated virus from our pork friends, the creepy part is that it attacks and kills healthy people around the ages of 25-45. Thank goodness I'm only 24.

I am hoping that this will not spread, but perhaps our genius president should shut the borders down just for a bit. Granted, we should hope that people would just be a little more responsible and choose to not visit those places until this is under control, but we all know that's probably giving everyone a little too much credit.

I live in a very southern city in Texas and I'm not too keen on the idea of getting the pig flu. Granted, most of it has been towards Mexico City but hey-that's too close for me. What would we do if there was an outbreak here? I doubt we have enough vaccines for the millions of people who live in South Texas. I'm not suggesting that we all freak out, I've never worried about bird flu or mad cow disease before, but hey you can't be too cautious. So if you see me sporting a nifty face mask and toting around a bucket of anti-bacterial hand sanitizer, think nothing of it.

1 comment:

Tonia said...

When did you start this blog! I had no idea. You know once Ben gets wind of it you are going to be getting a lot of comments!